Friday, December 20, 2013

Animal Print and Pizza

Long day today!  Busy at work, and then I went to the mall, because I was bored and I am dumb.  But I had really good pizza for dinner, so that's a start.  I also tried on a couple of items at JCP that I've been lusting after, but I restrained myself and did not purchase.  I figure that since they still have just as many as they did last month, the chances of both making it to the $5 clearance rack is pretty damn good.  I do love JCP, but nothing is ever worth full price there, mostly because it always ends up on clearance.  I do miss the days (short-lived days, that is) when they just had the price on the tag, no monkey business.  Alas, nobody understood that an $8 tshirt is the same price as a $20 tshirt that is 50% off with a $10 off $50 coupon.  *sigh*  Math is just so hard sometimes, isn't it?  Anyway, they always have cute stuff, and the store is usually pretty well organized, so I can find things, unlike Kohls and Sears.  My goodness, I'm verbose tonight.

Anyway, today was a pretty decent eating day.  Homemade hot cocoa and an english muffin for breakfast, quiche, yogurt, an apple and a clementine for lunch, and a slice of delicious pizza and a caesar salad for dinner.  Plus a giant Joy tea from Starbucks, because they were out of China Green Tips.  

Now for some pictures!  Today's outfit looked a little better in person, mostly because I'm a horrid photographer.  Here's a breakdown:

Jacket:  LLBean, from Goodwill.  $7
Scarf:  Jcrew, also Goodwill.  $4.50
Sweater:  Gap, $30-ish.  I wore it for the pockets, since the skirt lacked them.
Tshirt:  Everlane.  LOVE their tshirts.  $15, very flattering and soft, and ethically-produced.  Amazingly fast shipping, too.  I'm in NH and they are in CA, but when I order, I get them 2 days later.  Incredible!  I highly, highly recommend these t's.  They're pretty much all I wear for tshirts lately.  They also offer rewards for referrals *hint hint*  https://www.everlane.com/n/xsmfas
Necklace:  Kohls from a couple of years ago.  $7.
Skirt:  LLBean Signature.  On clearance at the outlet for $12, down from $198 or something stupid like that.  Unlined, but 100% wool.  
Tights:  Gap, last season.  $7ish.  Hard to tell, but they are animal print.
Shoes:  Tommy Hilfiger.  $30ish at DSW.  I've had these for ages, so it's hard to say.  





Now for the JCP try-ons.  I've been eyeing this blouse for a couple of months now.  It's a silk-cotton blend and priced at $40 (though always on sale).  It's very lightweight and soft, and feels great on.  It's the JCP house brand, which I really like for cute, cheap basics.  They always hit clearance, too.  I sized up, as I always do in button-downs.  I usually take a medium, but this is a large.  I just need the extra room for shoulders and chest.  Very flattering, I will buy this when it gets cheap enough.



These pants looked better in real life.  These are Joe Fresh, and I took a 12, like I always do in their bottoms.  I love the slim cropped shape in pants, probably due to years of my mom complaining that cropped pants just look like somebody shrunk them.  I'm finally rebelling!  I love the plaid, but these won't get much wear outside of the Christmas season, and therefore are quite impractical.  This is not to say I wouldn't buy them if I saw them for $5.  I shouldn't, and I probably won't, but no promises will be made.  I was lazy and didn't take off my tights for the try on.  Sorry, but who's got time for that?


No comments:

Post a Comment