Thursday, December 19, 2013

The beginning...

Basically, I'm broke and larger than I would like to be, but I also love clothes and food more than almost anything else.  Can we see the problem with this?  I have managed to cut back on clothing spending (mostly by shopping at Goodwill instead of the mall) and I have lost almost 40lbs over the last year, but I'm still poor and still overweight.  So there's some progress, but still a ways to go.  My goal for this blog is mostly to become more aware of what I am spending and eating.  I spend too much money and eat too much sugar.  I log my calories faithfully on myfitnesspal.com, but that has stopped working for me.  So now I am going to tell you guys what I buy every day, and how I eat.  I'll also show you how I'm wearing what I've bought, both recently and long ago.  Maybe this will help me to realize that I really do have plenty of clothing, which I am sure I do.  I no longer have room in my closet (not that it is a large closet, but it's not all that small, either).  I can't have more clothes without getting rid of some, and I have nothing I want to get rid of.   Therefore, I can have no more new clothes.  Well, aside from what I just bought at Goodwill, but that's the next post.  I will end this post with what I ate today, and why.  I feel like explaining why I eat the things I eat will perhaps help me to stop eating the bad things, and eat more of the good things.  So here goes:

Breakfast: 

  • Gummi multi-vitamins.  Probably a waste of money, but I took them last winter and hardly got sick.  Trying it again this winter.  
  • Fiber One Caramel Nut protein bar.  Sometimes these taste like Snickers.  Not today.  But I simply wasn't hungry, but wanted to eat something.
Lunch:

  • Shrimp Veracruz at a Mexican place with my dad.  Shrimp sauteed with mushrooms, tomatoes and green onions.  Came with rice and refried beans.  I did not eat the included tortillas.  I did eat the chips and salsa.  Very satisfying.
Dinner:

  • Leftover frittata from Monday morning, made with leftover whole grain pasta,  leftover roast pork, and some cheese.  
  • Baby carrots.  I love them
  • Potato chips.  Ditto.
  • A Lindt milk chocolate ball.  My boyfriend got a deal on a box of these online, so they're just kind of sitting there, begging to be eaten.  I consider having one of these a day pretty good, considering.  

Snack:  

  • A clementine.  Not my favorite, but not bad, either.
I know, I know, not enough fruits and veggies.  I'm trying to fix that.  Typing it all out like this should (maybe) help. 

So that's my first post.  Stay tuned, I'm posting my small Goodwill haul soon.  It was a great one!  

No comments:

Post a Comment