Thursday, December 19, 2013

Today's Goodwill haul: J Crew, vintage Dress Barn, Cashmere and Brooks Brothers

So today I actually had a day off, which considering I work retail is amazing, since Christmas is less than a week away.  I also am done with classes for the time being, with the new semester starting next month.  My boyfriend had a project that needed his urgent attention, so I was completely free and alone for the day.  I decided to go to Goodwill.  I can never go when I'm out and about with the boyfriend, since a decent Goodwill trip takes a couple of hours.  An hour to go through all the racks, and another hour or so to try everything on.  He just can't handle it.  But that's ok, I love it anyway.  

I found lots of things today that looked nice on the rack, but only a few that actually were nice enough to bring home.  And here they are!

This scarf is J Crew from last season, 100% wool, and nice and big and pretty IRL.  I just love it.  Plus, I wear scarves quite often, so it's a sound investment at only $4.49 ($4.99-10% for having their loyalty card).


I've decided recently that I love silk blouses, and this is nice and thick and weighty.  A great investment at $4.49.  I have a few sweater vests that this will look nice with.  Don't laugh!  Sweater vests are awesome!

 This is 100% cashmere and cost only $4.49!  It's nice and thick cashmere, too.  Can you iron cashmere?  It's wrinkled, and that's the only problem.  I love the pockets on this, and the black trim.  It feels a little Chanel.  

This isn't particularly fashionable, but it's a nice basic in really, really nice merino.  It's by Brooks Brothers, so it probably retailed for around $100, if not more.  Will be nice for days when I'm not really feeling the whole fashion thing.  $4.49

My favorite item is this vintage (though I'm not sure it's quite old enough to be vintage, but it is old enough to have shoulder pads...) cardigan from Dress Barn.  This was my most expensive item of the trip, at $7.29, but it's a really nice lambswool/angora blend with beautiful gold buttons.  So classy and warm!  I love it!  Does anybody know how old this Dress Barn logo is?  I'm just curious, this sweater is for-sure a keeper.


And now...no more Goodwill for awhile.  While this stuff wasn't expensive, I really had no business spending the money anyway.  I am thrilled with what I got, but I also am thrilled I showed some restraint.  I did not buy the pair of J Crew light wash jeans that fit really nicely, because I know I will not wear them.  I never wear light was jeans when I have them.  I also put back a pretty open cardigan from Gap, since it was dark purple and I've been having a hard time making that color work in my wardrobe recently.  Plus, it was a duplicate of one I already have in dark grey, and I'm trying to stay away from duplicates like that.  As you will see when I start posting my outfits, I do a lot of duplicates.  I love them and always spend too much money buying them.  No more, I vow!  No more duplicates (well, except for plain t shirts.  Those are always OK).  

No comments:

Post a Comment